YOUR HOUSING

Don’t burn garden waste at home

Clearing out the garage or sprucing up the garden can create a significant amount of waste and with local recycling centres closed this can be a problem but please do not start a fire in your garden.

Following an incident over the weekend, we’d like to warn residents against burning waste in the garden at home. Thankfully no one was hurt but the fire service had to be called as the fire, which had been started to burn some garden waste, unfortunately spread rapidly to the house.

Our residents were safely evacuated but were unable to return home due to the damage.

Please compost what you can and hold onto extra waste until recycling centres are back open.

For more information on fire safety please visit: www.lancashirefirerescue.org.uk

Share:

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *