Repairs and Maintenance service gains HQN Accreditation
On Thursday 30th January, BCH were presented with the Housing Quality Network (HQN) Accredit mark for our Repairs and Maintenance service. The accreditation is awarded in recognition of the excellent standards of service we offer to our customers.
The process took place over a number of months and looked intensively at our Repairs and Maintenance service and assesses against the following criteria:
- Has effective governance, leadership and management in place
- Shapes services around the needs of its client and end users
- Delivers upper-quartile performance in most areas
- Uses information and ICT well
- Is compliant with health and safety regulations
- Has a good record in service improvement
- Optimises financial and human resources
- Manages performance
- Is continually seeking areas for improvement and acting upon them
- Is financially viable in the short, medium and long term
- Knows its competitive position relative to the market
- Has a robust strategy for improving value for money.
The accreditation is a visible sign that our repairs delivery meets or exceeds good practice standards, and demonstrates that we provide an impressive service at a competitive cost – evidencing great value for money.
The accreditation is awarded for three years, and to retain it, BCH will be reviewed annually to ensure we continue to meet the standards as well as progressing with any recommendation made by HQN.
‘We are absolutely delighted with the achievement and owe it entirely to our hard working, enthusiastic and helpful staff. I am extremely proud of our team and the service that we as a company, provide to our customers.’ Director of Operations, Maggie Cornall