We’ve made the Top 5 ALMO’s shortlist!
BCH has once again been shortlisted in 24Housing’s coveted ‘top 50 Social Housing Landlords’ campaign. 24Housing were looking for the brightest and best in the industry to be included in their Top 50 and we’re proud to be named as one of the Top 5 ALMO’s within this coveted list.
We set ourselves some testing objectives designed to consolidate core services while also developing new areas of work specifically designed to increase community stability and resilience. Over the past year we have specifically focused on:
- Developing the vibrant new Queens Park community which has been nominated for 3 national awards.
- Our employability partnership More Positive Together which has secured employment for 100 people in its first year and is an exemplar for other providers.
- Our excellent performance on rent collection of over 99% in continued challenging circumstances. We reduced DLO costs by £300k while raising customer satisfaction to in excess of 98% whilst also achieving external reaccreditation from HQN.
- Developing wider and more meaningful customer engagement; the Involvement and Communications Team has overseen a significant increase in the use of social media and engagement and played a lead role in the See the Person campaign; ensuring customers are fully involved and at the forefront of this national movement.
- Continuing our Community Learning offer to provide functional skills courses in the heart of our local communities, improving customer confidence, skills and knowledge.
- Fully embedding the Occupational Therapy service which has seen Disabled Facilities Grants delivered in real time with no waiting lists as a result of this innovative approach.
John Donnellon, Chief Executive of Blackpool Coastal Housing, said; “BCH is predominantly about delivering first class and affordable social housing but the objectives set by the board have recognised the need for us to build that service on stable communities that can aspire to better, more sustainable futures. It is in our hands to make a difference for local residents and we will continue to provide strong core services while also growing our impact on the wider objectives of the council”.